There are a few words to describe you:
passionate, forward thinking, potential-seeking PARENT AND PROFESSIONAL!
You don't wait for the answers - you seek the answers.
You don't go with what is. You make change happen.
But you are also doing this all by yourself - so a word that could describe this is ALONE.
Whether you just need a plan to help your child learn basic skills such as printing or adding numbers. Or you straight up want to have a clear plan to help all the kids in your classroom or on your caseload reach their full potential -- you're in the right place.
Since you are here right now, something tells me your full a "let's get it done' spirit and you want to see a big smile on your child's face or the face of children you are helping!
But maybe you...
- Have no clue what to focus on first -- and you are just plain overwhelmed with options and facts!
- Need help figuring out what steps to take that will allow your child to make the gains you know they can make.
- Feel isolated and you wish more people could relate to what you are TRYING TO DO -- as you know how much potential your child or the children in front of you has but you need to work in a different way to support them.
No matter where you are when it comes to helping your child or the children in front of you - you want to have a BIGGER IMPACT so you can see them make BIGGER GAINS!
You want your child to make progress but not have to work ALL the time while other kids play.
You're ready to take the steps needed to ensure your child or the children in front of you are MAKING PROGRESS and you are willing to INVEST in support to get it done.
But you don't know how to make that a reality. You feel stuck.
Trust me. I've been there as a parent and a scho0l-based professional.
Now, I have some core beliefs around this...
- I believe you KNOW you can make a difference in your child's life -- and the live of other children -- and you don't have to wait on others to make an impact!
- I believe that you can SEE THE POTENTIAL in the child in front of you -- so much so that you are willing to ensure that reach their full potential in a powerful and positive way.
- I believe you and your child deserve HAPPINESS, PEACE AND RESPECT and I'm here to help you create those feelings when you have the right tools and strategies in front of you.
- I believe that hugs, puppy love and stepping outside can cure a not so great day!
The gist is this: you have the ability to help a child 'shine' and this may be your child -- and I'm here to show you how you can do that so you can feel like a rockstar Mama and school-based professional!
Hey, I'm Susan Schenk and I'm passionate about teaching parents and school-based professionals how to help kids learn in a way that empowers them and allows them to make progress.
How did this become my life?
Well...for a number of years I was working in the school setting as an Occupational Therapist trying to support kids with my assessments and findings but I soon discovered that this approach had limits and I wasn't seeing the results I wanted. But it doesn't stop there -- at home, I was working through how my own children were learning and what they would need to be successful at school. I was doing things I had not been taught but I knew what my learning difference had taught me and I was ready to use this experience and training to figure out a new road. Needless to say, it was a lonely and uncertain road I was walking.
(don't worry though...the good part is coming!!)
Through the years I gained a lot of experience and results but I also had limitation in what and how I could support others so I started Technology & Tools for kids as a way to step up and try things may way! I saw the results of putting strategies, technology and other tools in place to allow kids to make the gains they need whether that was at home (like me as a parent) or in the school setting (as an OT or school professional)
Read My Story
I have developed an online course to train Occupational Therapists across the globe. I have spoke on the stage in Vancouver, Toronto and other cities across Canada about my approaches and how to support your child's learning in a powerful way! I've published my book Beyond Ok from Invisible to Invincible which is on Amazon. I have kids that know how they learn and use what tools they need to get their learning done in a powerful way.
I know and I want to help YOU! I want you to know the steps to help your child learn but not just that know HOW they learn. I want school professionals to know what they need to help the children in their class make the progress they want to see. I want these strategies and tools to come to life in the homes and school across the world.
Through online courses, strategy sessions and conferences I've helped 100's of parents and professionals -- like YOU -- tap into the potential of the child right in front of you.
Let's get working together!